Thursday, January 17, 2013

Waist not, want not

So, in order to effectively evaluate my progress toward my goal of fitting into my red jeans by my birthday, I need to assess where I am right now.  By assessing my starting point, I will be able to determine how much I need to do to attain my goal.  Also, I can chart my progress along the way by comparing it to my starting point. 
 
Since my goal is to fit into a pair of jeans, the most relevant starting measurement I can take is my waist circumference measurement.  Not only will this measurement help me determine how many inches I need to lose in order to fit into the jeans, it will also give me a good idea of my general health.  According to the American Council on Exericse (ACE), waist circumference is one of the leading indicators of obesity and their associated health risks. 
 
 
I measured my waist circumference to be 38.25", and I am not happy about it.  A waist circumference of 35" or more in women, and 40" or more in men, is considered high, putting one at an elevated risk for obesity and other related health problems.  I clearly have my work cut out for me.
 
Now that I have taken this initial measurement, I can periodically take additional measurements as I move along in the project.  I can compare these measurements with my starting point to chart my progress toward achieving my goal.  
 
 
I also decided to try on the red jeans at the start of the project to see where I am at the beginning.  Watch this rather humurous video of my attempt to currently fit into the red jeans.  
 
 

Sincerely,
Miss Red Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment